Cambria County Arts & Heritage Festival 2019
Show casing our Heritage
For two days next September Saturday the 21th and Sunday the 22th we invite you, you’re Community; you’re Church, your school, your business, your ethnic trade, and your reenactments, to join with others as we recreate a moment lost in time. A time to show case our history, and our progress forward to where we are today. We want to invite anyone and everyone to show cases our Cambria County History. The event will take place at Duman Park north of route 422 on route 271. The park will be divided into segments including music, dance, sports, reenactments, static displays of history, Educational stages, food vendors, arts vendors, crafting vendors, living historical displays, animal displays, children’s games. and much more. We welcome 4-H groups, FFA, ethnic groups, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, farmers, loggers, musicians, musical group, churches, schools, Non Profits, historical groups, dance groups, Police and fire departments, show horses, business and others who are proud to say I live in Cambria County.
Were also asking our ethnic community to attend this event dressed in your ethnic attire. Also if you wish to have a booth show casing your heritage, your country please contact us asap.
This is going to provide an opportunity to not only show case your past but also show case your community today and its future. We encourage our townships, our cities, or towns, and municipalities to join us as we come together to show case our County. Our goal is to market the event in Pittsburgh, Sate College, Altoona and other locations. Please feel free to share this information as we are seeking those individuals and groups who would like to be a part of this historical making event. Also note we are in need of volunteers to help on that day. If you know of anyone or groups who would like to help out please contact us asap. Keep in mind we also need vendors, crafting, food, arts, artisans, applications are located on our web site and Facebook.
We thank our Sponsors
We have so many wonderful sponsors and we thank them all.
HIGHLIGHTS OF FESTIVAL
- Unlimited Outdoor activities including: Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Boating, Camping, Wildlife, and much more.
- Show casing a variety of Non Profit groups who plan on having great exhibits. Over 40 NP groups attending.
- Two full days of entertainment from the local area.
- Church service on Sunday ( It will be an authentic Civil War Service)
- Full engagement of Civil War Battles. Civil War camps open to public viewing.
- Paranormal Show Case Stan Gordon Discussing Bigfoot 7 UFO sightings in PA and John Ventre of Hanger 1 TV show.
- Living History groups displaying their history.
- Train Rides and Hay Wagon Rides
- Advertising in Pittsburgh, Cleveland , Altoona, Erie, State College and local county.
- Bus Tours planning to stop in dropping off potential shoppers seeking to buy your products.
- Opening ceremony giving thanks to our veterans on Saturday Morning 9 AM.
- Children’s Activities and games.
- SCA will be on hand displaying and having their competition on both days.
- Various Military Groups will be on station to provide support.
- Pennsylvania State Police Providing a tour of their equipment, finger printing children etc.
- Antique Tractors – Antique Cars
- 4 – H Display with animals to pet and hold. Lamas on display as well.
- Last year’s Attendance was over 3000 persons.
- Vendor Parking Close to your setup. Ice on hand if needed.
- Traveling Entertainers about the park: Dancers, Musicians, Artist, Jugglers, Clowns, Magicians and much more.
- Huge Antique Car Show
- Photo Contest see rules below.
Cambria Country Arts & Heritage Festival Photo Contest open to all age groups
Great Music all Weekend Ethnic To Oldies
Laurel Highlands Historical Village Application 2019
CAMBRIA COUNTY ARTS & HERITAGE FESTIVAL
September 21 and 22 2019
From Saturday 10am until sunset and Sunday 10am until 6pm. Postmark Deadline August 31, 2019
Name of Business __________________________________________________________
Telephone___________________________________ Cell Phone________________________________
TAX ID Number _________________
[ ] Crafting Single Booth Fee (10×10) $35.00 a day Double Booth Fee 10 x 20 $70.00 a day
[ ] Food Booth Fee (10×10) $50.00 a day Double Booth fee 10 x 20 $100.00 a day
[ ] Non-Profit Organization Free – If selling anything cost is same as crafting fee. Indicate if you plan to sell items.
[ ] Artisan Vendors (10×10) $50.00 a day Double Booth fee 10 x 20 $100.00 a day
[ ] Electric Fee $5.00 (electric is limited, there will be NO sharing of electric)
Reason electricity is needed____________________________________________________
ENTIRE PAYMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION There will be a $35.00 fee for each returned check from your bank.
Make checks payable to Laurel Highlands Historical Village (LHHV) and mail payment to Patti Defibaugh 434 Locust St., Roaring Spring, PA 16673
IMAGES OF your display if you have one MUST BE EMAILED TO: Patti0731@aol.com Submit one(1) file (JPEG or GIF) for each image. PHOTOS : If no picture available send copy of what will be on display. Digital images ONLY.
Vehicle information – Please list vehicle for your assigned space: vehicle, camper/RV, trailer.
Parking is EXTREMELY limited. Be specific
Vehicle_____________________________ Vehicle Plate# _________________Vehicle Length_________
Camper/RV Make _______________Length _____________Camper/RV License Plate#______________
Trailer/Tow Make________________ Length _____________Trailer/Tow License Plate#______________
This application serves as a contract for exhibiting at the Cambria County Arts & Heritage Festival. Upon acceptance, exhibitors in the festival will be held to the rules and guidelines listed in this contract. Please read carefully and retain a copy of the application/contract and conditions of the show for your records.
Title of signee _________________________________
Mail applications to Laurel Highlands Historical Village(LHHV) c/o Patti Defibaugh, 434 Locust Street, Roaring Spring, PA 16673. Question Email email@example.com or call 814-288-7017.
Laurel Highland’s Historical Village
VENDOR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- All display items must comply with all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and standards regarding the display ……of items to public.
- Laurel Highland’s Historical Village, Incorporated N.P. reserves the right to locate your vendor booth.
- Vendor’s merchandise must be displayed in a manner approved by LHHV.
- The vendor must supply his/her own equipment such as chairs, tables, tent and other items of concern.
- Display and signage must not be higher than 5 feet above floor level and should not block sight lines.
- All displays must be deemed safe and aesthetically pleasing.
- Signage shall contain no misleading information. (No tacking of signs/banners to trees or village buildings). No ……political signs of any manner are allowed on Duman Lake Park property.
- Common aisles must be kept clear of all equipment and stock at all times. All additional equipment must be stored …..out of view within the assigned rental space.
- Vendors are solely responsible for set up, break down and cleanup of the assigned rental space.
- All Vendors must park their vehicles after unloading in designated areas.
- Throughout the duration of your stay you are responsible for all of your own waste. Please bring garbage bags, or ……whatever else you may need to take care of this. We will provide proper disposal containers for all trash.
- Loading and unloading is permitted in the designated loading zones only. Parking is not permitted in these areas.
- Vendors are also allowed to walk about and hand out pamphlets, for your vendor items.
- Vendors must be present & participate in both days of the Festival, opening until closing; hours listed below
- Asking all vendors to make a donation for our Silent Auction. ( Supporting veterans in need)
FOOD VENDORS RULES
- The Cambria County Arts and Heritage Festival is not responsible for theft, bodily injury, or damage to the property of the vendors and is absolved of any legal proceedings for any reason.
- The Festival will select and limit the number of vendors selling food and/or beverage items in the best interest of the festival.
- The Festival is the sole vendor of Raffle Tickets, 50/50, and other lottery items.
- Vendors are to know and meet the local and state food handling laws, requirements and to pay necessary permit fees. Vendors may begin booth set up Friday after 3pm. Vendors should be set up no later than 9:30am on Saturday. Safe Serv Certificate copy and insurance coverage copy should be mailed with vendor application.
- Vendors are to sell only those items listed on their application and approved by the Festival Committee
- Special accommodations may be required for those vendors who use a trailer.
- Floor space must be covered as per state food handling laws.
- Menus must be displayed with prices clearly marked. Attractive handmade signs are preferred. Vendors with high quality products and reasonable prices will be given priority.
Hours of Operation:
- Vendors are to be fully operational no later than 10 a.m. and begin break down no earlier than specified park closing time. Saturday dusk Sunday 6 PM
- Set up will be allowed on Friday September 20, 2019 after 3 PM.
All approved vendors will need to pick up vendor’s pass from the vending coordinator. This pass will be granted only when the vending fee has been paid on or before the assigned deadline. Vendors outside of the Johnstown area and those vendors who cannot meet in person can mail payment directly to Patti Defibaugh 434 Locust Street Roaring Springs PA 16673 and can pick up their vending pass at the gate.
Rates: Crafting Rate is $35.00 per day for a 10 x 10 booth – A 10 x 20 Booth is $70.00 a day
Food Vendors Rate is $50.00 per day for a 10 x 10 booth – A 10 x 20 booth is $100.00 a day. Larger sizes will be negotiated.
Non Profit Groups are Free.
Payment: Payments must be made in cash or by check payable to Laurel Highlands Historical Village, Incorporated, N.P.
Cambria County Arts & Heritage Festival
EVENT SPONSORS – WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT NO MATTER THE DONATION.
Laurel Highlands Historical Village is hosting a 2 day Arts and Heritage Festival at Duman Lake County Park on Saturday September 21 and Sunday September 22, 2019. Our mission with this event is to celebrate the past history, the present and future of Cambria County. We are writing to invite you to be a sponsor or supporter of this event. As a leader in the community, your involvement with the Cambria County Arts & Heritage Festival is an opportunity for your organization to receive exposure and to join other businesses, individuals and community service agencies to celebrate the heritage of Cambria County. We are looking to raise $ 6,000 to cover the costs of entertainment and event expenses. We can’t meet our goal without the help of local business’s, non-profit organization and individuals from the local community. We are eager to work with you and will customize your sponsorship to support your goals and objectives. Community sponsors are the primary source of funding for this event and will help ensure the event is a success. The event profits if any support our area veterans who are disabled and homebound.
You can provide support in the following ways:
Be an event supporter through a monetary donation. Your company logo will be placed on advertising,
commit to Gold or Silver sponsorship by 03/31/19 and we will create a banner with your logo on one of the following at your request: entertainment stage, opening ceremony, war reenactment
All sponsors will receive social media recognition
OR Volunteer your time during the event.
We plan to have musical entertainment, craft and food vendors, artisans, non-profit agencies sharing what service their organization provides in the community and the history of their organization and encampments depicting the different military camps during different war eras. Please visit our Facebook Page to view some photos of last year’s event. “Cambria County Arts an Heritage Festival” on Facebook
If you can’t do a cash donation consider donation of a basket or gift card, for our silent auction to raise monies for our veterans.
Gold Sponsorship $1,000 plus monetary or in-kind sponsorship
Silver Sponsorship $500-$1000 monetary or in-kind sponsorship
Bronze Sponsorship $1-$500 monetary or in-kind sponsorship
Please indicate your preferred sponsorship level, fill out the rest of this form and return it to
LHHV c/o Patti Defibaugh, 434 Locust St., Roaring Spring, PA 16673 or contact Patti at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ron Shawley at 814-241-6123 or email@example.com. You may call if you prefer we meet with you
Prior to making a donation. Please reply at your earliest convenience.
Business or Individual Name______________________________________________
Telephone Number ______________________________________________________
Please check the type of sponsorship you are making for this event.
Type of sponsorship Gold ( ) Silver( ) Bronze( } Monetary Amt. ___________
Volunteer at Event( ) Planning Committee prior to event ( )
Thank You for Your Support and Consideration:
Ron Shawley Executive Director
GREAT ETHNIC FOODS
Food from across the globe will be offered this year as we have over 10 food vendors on site.
A weekend filled with music
They say that music warms the soul.. We say the music will not only warm the soul but will put the spark back in your step.