Non Profit letter 2023 festival
Contact 814 288 7017 Patti
Web site www.lhhv.org
Dear Friends in Cambria County:
For two days this September on Saturday the 9th and Sunday the 10th we invite you and your community to join with others as we recreate a moment lost in time. A time to show case our history, and our progress forward to where we are today. We want to invite anyone and everyone to show case our Cambria County History. The event will take place at Duman Park north of route 422 on route 271. The park will be divided into segments including music, sports, war re-enactments, static displays of history, educational stages, food vendors, arts & craft vendors, living historical displays, and much more. Please consider sending a representative to our event to show case your history and highlights.
We welcome 4-H groups, FFA, ethnic groups, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, farmers, loggers, musicians, musical group, churches, historical groups, Police and fire departments and their antique vehicles and others who are proud to say “I live in Cambria County.”
There is no fee for non-profit organizations.
County libraries this is a great way to show case your mission, and what you offer to your community.
We are asking county agencies to join us also. This is a venue to show the public what it is you do and how you can continue to assist them.
This is going to provide an opportunity to not only show case your past but also show case your community today and its future. We encourage our townships, our cities, and towns, and municipalities to join us as we come together to show case Cambria County. Our goal is to market the event in Pittsburgh, Sate College, Altoona and other locations.
Please feel free to share this information. We are seeking those individuals and groups who would like to be a part of this history making event. Also note, we are in need of volunteers to help on that day. If you know of anyone or groups who would like to help out, please contact us at the numbers listed above.
Ronald J Shawley – Executive Director & Founding Member
CAMBRIA COUNTY ARTS & HERITAGE FESTIVAL
September , 2023
From Saturday 10am until sunset and Sunday 10am until 5pm. Postmark Deadline August 31, 2023
Name of Non Profit Business __________________________________________________________
Telephone\Cell Phone Contact
City______________________________ State______________ ZipCode_________
TAX ID Number _________________
[ ] Non-Profit Organization Free. Indicate if you plan to sell items. If you wish to sell items contact Patti.
Photos required of items and $ price.
[ ] Electric Fee $5.00 (electric is limited, there will be NO sharing of electric)
Reason Electricity Needed________________
Highlights this year at the Cambria County Arts & Heritage Festival 2023
Unlimited Outdoor activities including: Biking, Hiking, Fishing, Boating, Camping, Wildlife, and much more.
Show casing a variety of Non-Profit groups who plan on having great exhibits. Many NP groups attending.
Galliker’s Dairy – Antique Ice cream Wagon (Free Samples)
Barony of St Swithin’s Bog Will Show case their skills as used in 16th Century and small-scale Village.
Two full days of entertainment including:
Stars Wars Garrison
Tammy Carlson-Little Egyptian Dancer
Church service on Sunday ( It will be an authentic Civil War Service, 9 AM
Full engagement of Civil War Battles. Civil War camps open to
Living History groups displaying their history.
Duman Park Playground, Hiking Trails, Fishing and Boating
Advertising in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Altoona, Erie, State College and local county.
Opening ceremony giving thanks to our veterans on Saturday Morning 10 AM. Muster at 9:30 am in large field wedding pavilion
Children’s Activities and games.
Various Military Groups will be on site to provide support.
Pennsylvania State Police Providing a tour of their equipment, finger printing children etc.
Last year’s Attendance was over 3000 persons.
Vendor Parking Close to your setup. Ice on hand if needed. Small Charge for ice.
Traveling Entertainers about the park: Dancers, Musicians, Artist, Jugglers, Clowns, Magicians and much more.
Please contact Executive Director, Ron Shawley if interested call 814-241-6123 or [email protected]
or Secretary/Treasurer Patti Defibaugh at 814-288-7017 or [email protected] for applications.
We also encourage folks to role play dress the part i.e. ethnic dress, any style from our past.
Thank You for Your Support and Consideration:
Ron Shawley Executive Director
Laurel Highlands Historical Village
VENDOR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1. All display items must comply with all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and standards regarding the display of items to public.
2. Laurel Highlands Historical Village, Incorporated N.P. reserves the right to locate your booth.
3. Vendor’s merchandise must be displayed in a manner approved by LHHV.
4. The vendor must supply his/her own equipment such as chairs, tables, tent and other personal items.
5. Display and signage must not be higher than 5 feet above floor level and should not block sight lines.
6. All displays must be deemed safe and aesthetically pleasing.
7. Signage shall contain no misleading information. (No tacking of signs/banners to trees or village buildings). NO Political signs of any manner are allowed on Duman Lake Park property.
8. Common aisles must be kept clear of all equipment and stock at all times. All additional equipment must be stored out of view within the assigned rental space.
9. Vendors are solely responsible for set up, break down and cleanup of the assigned rental space.
10. All Vendors must park their vehicles after unloading in designated areas.
11. Throughout the duration of your stay you are responsible for all of your own waste. Please bring garbage bags, or whatever else you may need to take care of this. We will provide proper disposal containers for all trash.
12. Loading and unloading is permitted in the designated loading zones only. Parking is not permitted in these areas.
13. Vendors are also allowed to walk about and hand out pamphlets, for your craft items.
14. Vendors must be present & participate in both days of the festival, opening until closing; hours listed below. Vendors must stay for the entire day of event. No tear down early.
Any non-registered vendor will be asked to leave asap.
15. LHHV request all vendors make a donation for our basket Party. (Supporting veterans in need)